Subiect: zards-jersey/.com)

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca! Hi Kerry, I wanted to say that I love reading your take on these questions and I loved your book. I have a question regarding the Montreal vs. Minnesota game the other night. Now I am a Habs fan so this may seem like a strange question but late in the third, Minnesotas Marco Scandella was called for hooking, clearly this was a good call but my concern is this - at this point the Canadiens were already winning 6-1 and I was thinking did the referee really need to make that call? I mean, there must come a point where the whistles have to be put away, no? There is nothing wrong with a decisive win, and if the offending player had say given a blatant head shot or high stick to the face call it, but to me the hooking just added insult to injury and maybe should not have been called. So my question is - does there come a time when you just put the whistle away and just let the game finish? Thanks as always,Dan Boucher Dan: Thank you for the kudos. Your philosophical question pertains to an area of officiating called "game management." Please understand that game management is not just about making a decision to call or not call a penalty. It goes much beyond that and pertains to a refs "feel" for the game as it is being played out in the moment. The most exciting and entertaining games are when the players are allowed to compete hard and on the edge where physicality is properly balanced with player safety. No different than a pot of water on a stove, the temperature of a game can intensify and will boil over if the chef does not turn down the heat at the appropriate time. A referees ability to appropriately manage the emotional element of the game (players and coaches) is crucial in this regard. That can include situations when player frustration results during an embarrassing blow-out game. The good referee knows when to impose his authority in a way that achieves a positive result. Former NHL Director of Officiating John McCauley, my mentor and current NHL referee Wes McCauleys late father, told me that "the very best game is one played with "controlled bedlam" and the most successful referee is the one that can get the players to play on his terms with laying the hammer down!" John was talking specifically about "game management." There are some fans that take the position that a penalty is a penalty regardless of the score or the time of the game. Your question Dan highlights a more realistic and practical approach that balances a referees ability to enforce the rules (maintain integrity of the game) with common sense judgment through his feel for the game and what a game requires in the moment. The wide gap in the standard of rule enforcement from days of old has narrowed in the "new, newer NHL." The expectation from the majority of the hockey community is that a violation of the rules will (should) result in a penalty called by the referee. It is often hard to understand how a puck over the glass is an automatic penalty in overtime while an obvious hold might not be called? We know there is ongoing work to be done by the Officiating Dept. in the area of coaching and holding the refs accountable to the expected standard. As these theories pertain to your specific question Dan let me say that an obvious penalty must be called at any time in the game, regardless of the score or the time! In addition to maintaining player safety, all flagrant fouls, stick infractions, dangerous hits and fouls on scoring opportunities should never be overlooked by the referees. Marco Scandella of the Minnesota Wild hooked Max Pacioretty with a potential scoring opportunity after a turnover in the neutral zone. While Pacioretty did not lose possession of the puck the referee maintained the expected standard when Scandella hooked the hands of the Montreal player as he was cutting toward the Minnesota goal. A "must call" was made in spite of the 6-1 Montreal lead with 3:40 remaining. It is also important to note that the referees worked the game right to the end with a consistent standard when Daniel Briere was assessed a penalty for holding Mikael Granlund with 1:49 remaining in the game. The infraction occurred as Granlund carried the puck up the wall in the neutral zone and was stalled from behind with a tug-hook and eventual free-hand grab by Briere that forced a loss of puck possession. The proper standard was maintained with the holding penalty called against Daniel Briere and resulted in Danny Heatleys power play goal with two seconds remaining in the game. If the referee had missed, or worse yet avoided calling the infraction committed by Briere you can bet the game temperature would have spiked through Wild frustration during the final minute and a half. The timing of the Briere infraction allowed for excellent "game management" to be demonstrated by the referee. John McCauley would be proud. Jason Smith Jersey . The traditional pre-Masters event was halted early due to inclement weather. Harrington, who tied for first in 2003 and won in 2004, became the first three-time champion of the event. Jeff Green Jersey . The victory strengthened Liverpools position in the top four after Tottenham lost 1-0 at Norwich in the days late kickoff, cutting the north London club six points adrift of fourth place and the final Champions League slot for next season. http://www.officialwizardsfanstore.com/ … rsey/.com) - Delon Wright made all 12 of his free throws and finished with 21 points and six assists as No. Wes Unseld Jersey . Catch all the action on TSN2 and TSN GO at 9pm et/6pm pt. San Antonio took the series lead Monday night with a 122-105 home victory in Game 1. The Spurs used a balanced scoring attack and clamped down defensively late in the third quarter to claim the win. Markieff Morris Jersey .C. -- After turning Tobacco Road into "Raleigh Top," Tennessee is headed to the round of 16.TORONTO – Marcus Stroman is returning to the Blue Jays and will make his first career major league start on Saturday against the Kansas City Royals. The purpose, as laid out by manager John Gibbons, is two-fold. "We want to get Stroman up here and give him a look," said Gibbons, identifying the first part of the equation. "Our thinking was were going to back (Drew Hutchison) off a couple of days. (Mark) Buehrle will throw Sunday. Hutch will throw Tuesday in Detroit. The plan all along, coming in, was we were going to pick some spots and give Hutch a little breather." Stromans time was coming sooner rather than later, whether it was Saturday, late next week or sometime in June. This is as much about shielding Hutchison, the 23-year-old right-hander who occupies one of the top three spots in Torontos starting rotation along with Buehrle and R.A. Dickey. Hutchison, remember, underwent Tommy John elbow ligament replacement surgery in July 2012. After a year-long recovery, he threw 26 2/3 innings in seven minor league starts late last year and followed that up with 21 2/3 innings in six starts in the Arizona Fall League. Do the math: Hutchison entered this season having thrown 48 1/3 innings of competitive baseball in the better part of two years. Already in 2014, in 11 starts for Toronto, Hutchison has thrown 65 innings. "After his last start I thought he looked a little bit tired," said Gibbons. "I thought it was the perfect time to give him a couple of extra days." To accommodate Stroman on the active roster, the Blue Jays designated reliever Bobby Korecky for assignment just one day after selecting his contract from the Triple-A Buffalo Bisons. Korecky retired the final four Royals hitters in mop up duty on Friday night. The Jays fell to Kansas City 6-1. With Stroman throwing Saturday, followed by Buehrle on Sunday, an off day on Monday, Hutchison on Tuesday, Dickey on Wednesday and J.A. Happ on Thursday, Gibbons could return to Buehrle for Friday nights gamme against the St.dddddddddddd Louis Cardinals. His other option is to go with a six-man rotation for the time being, something he considered earlier this season before Brandon Morrows injury changed the plan, and continue to include Liam Hendriks in the mix. "Doesnt mean anything right now," said Gibbons of Hendriks status. "Hes on schedule. Hell pitch sometime at the end of next week when hes scheduled." A six-man rotation? "No, were not sure how its all going to play out," said Gibbons. Stroman made five appearances out of the bullpen in an earlier stint with the Blue Jays this season. The results were mixed but he thrived in high-leverage situations, including getting his first big league victory in a 6-5, 10-inning win over Philadelphia on May 5. Groomed since the beginning of last season to be a starter, Stroman will bring his swagger to the mound on Saturday and his former Bisons teammate, catcher Erik Kratz, is looking forward to seeing it. "He sees that his stuff plays when hes on and when his stuff is on there are very few who are as good as he is," said Kratz. "Theres a reason hes a prospect or whatever it is or that hes being asked to come in and start in the rotation. I expect to see a guy thats going to come out and give everything hes got and have a lot of success." Stroman was sent back to Buffalo after the Blue Jays wrapped up a series in Texas almost two weeks ago. He alluded to some confusion over not having been a starter in his first go round in Toronto. Stroman sports a 3.03 ERA and a 1.150 WHIP for Buffalo. Kratz thinks hell be more comfortable with a defined role. "I think it was hard for him to understand where he needed to be out in the bullpen," said Kratz. "Does he throw all of his pitches? Does he not throw all of his pitches? The way that he goes out in the game, hes a gamer, thats something that I think he learned from his first time, that his stuff plays. He just needs to keep going after guys." cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '